12.14.2008

Grateful Sunday

This week, I'm grateful for lots o' things, like:
  • Neal's idea to rip the house alarm speaker off the wall this morning, when all of a sudden, our alarm went off for no reason. We've never used it and have no way of contacting our home owners, especially on a Sunday, so it was kind of an emergency. Quick thinking, babe.
  • Audrey's successful piano recital today! She did wonderfully, and our teacher-requested duet went pretty well, too. If you want to see the video, you can email me.
  • the end of Miles' antibiotic dosing. He was on a very strong antibiotic for two weeks, trying to clear up his sinus issues. The medicine made his belly upset, so I'm glad he'll feel normal now. Unfortunately, he's still getting dizzy.
  • Christmas cards coming in the mail! It's always so fun to see how everyone's growing up.
  • Williams-Sonoma Hot Chocolate. It's really yummy.
  • Fun lady friends in my new town.
  • A haircut and blondizement. Those things always make me feel better.
  • Christmas shopping? Finito. Yay!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Hurray all around!

Kari said...

Nice duet! :)

So I have a question for you...I know people that keep making their blogs private, and part of me understands because they have kids, but then again, I think that there are really popular blogs out there that talk about their kids, put up pics, etc. Like yours. Do you just figure as long as you don't put your last name and your city, you're ok? Just wondering what your point of view is! I'm all for public! :)

Kari said...

P.S. I want a red-headed kid, and you give me hope!

stephanie said...

you guys did such a great job! and you both looked beautiful.

why oh why didn't i get that piano playing gene?

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I loved the double curtsey and yeah for hot chocolate. WS is the best.

Leslie said...

Kari, your comment kind of freaked me out, i hate to say. i think about all that every so often, but i also like to think i'm pretty careful. surely there are weirdos out there who actually have time to track people down just based on their blog, but i think that most of the people who read this blog are people i know, so it doesn't really freak me out that much.
i don't want to go private, because i think private blogs are kind of a pain, and i always forget to read them! no offense, private bloggers. :)

Jenny said...

audrey's solo and the duet sound wonderful! so glad you shared them with us.

Melissa said...

I love Audrey's dress and that church looks so beautiful! Hot chocolate is such a staple for cold weather. =)Hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas.

Natalie said...

you both look lovely - and i am currently coveting that cardigan you've got on!

Melissa said...

Same thing happened to us with our house alarm. Kris ripped it off of the wall. We then had the alarm people come and fix it. Thank goodness it wasn't a big thing to fix. That noise is awful!