
Here is a genealogy chart I filled and popped in a frame today, to showcase the work that I (and mostly others before me) have begun. I have never done anything so satisfying and fascinating, and if you haven't given Family History a try, you ought to. Just go to google and type in the first ancestor's name you can think of. Maybe you already have the dates of their lifespan, but often you can find interesting facts and life stories and pictures that others have compiled for you. I discovered that I am the 30th great-grandchild of William the Conqueror. How cool is that? Neal and I are both related to rival royal clans from Scotland centuries ago. You may even find long, lost cousins, as I have, and make connections around the country or even further away. Either way, it's a great way to spend your free time. I haven't had much of that lately, but when the time comes again, the fever will hit me just as it has in the past. There are still LOTS of blank spaces on my chart!


5 comments:
Way to go, Leslie! I need to get going on mine, if I can find it...in a box somewhere. Hurrah for being related to Edward The Longshanks - dreaded to everyone not of English lineage. Looks great!
leslie- after our epic googletalk, i have to say that dude, you're doing amazing work! that geneology chart is fabulous. i'm way impressed.
Can you email your PAF file to us? We need to get started!
Les I would love to have a copy of the chart also. Is it possible to mail me a copy? or e-mail it or something?????
Hugs and kisses
Les I would love to have a copy of the chart also. Is it possible to mail me a copy? or e-mail it or something?????
Hugs and kisses
Post a Comment