
Last night, Neal and I went to a party for a friend of his. I always get kind of nervous going to social functions because I'm worried I'll just blab on and on about my kids and people will think, "how sad, she has nothing else to say." But no one did, in fact they were all quite impressed that we have 2 1/2 kids and are still so young. There were lots of single people there, and we were talking on the way home about how strange it would be to live alone. Sometimes, I'm sure we all feel, that it would be amazing to be surrounded by quiet and to look at every mess and know that only you could have created it. But in the quiet moments when my little ones are sleeping on me so peacefully, I can't imagine them all grown up and not there anymore. I told Parker today that I don't really want him to grow up. He of course asked why and I told him that sometimes big kids don't hug their mommies enough. I made him promise that he would stay his huggy little self, even when he's big, and he agreed that he would.
It's such a blessing to be a mom, I'm so lucky I get to stay home and be with Audrey and Parker all day, and I'm sure one day, I'll look back and be glad I appreciated the early years of motherhood, even if I only do it on Mother's Day. Thanks for all your beautiful blog entries today, fellow bloggers. What wonderful lives we all lead, whether we have kids or not. We are all loved beyond our capability to understand, and that is the most comforting thing of all.


6 comments:
Yes Les you will look back someday and wonder where the time went. So glad you enjoy Audrey and Parker now because they do grow up toooooo fast.
Love and hugs
Grammy
I SO felt like that at David's graduation dinner last May... and at every department function I've been to since I was either 9 mos. pregnant, or had just had Ali and had her with us. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are a few people still left in our society who think it is an admirable thing to be a 'homemaker' and raise children. We were not the only ones at the dinner held by the Department chair (at his home) with a new baby last October, it was a good feeling! They do grow so quickly... we must cherish every day!
You are a fine writer, Leslie. Made me cry...
yea for being mommies - beautifully worded. i love the photo, too - it has been in my "use sometime on the blog" file for a while - so cute!
Leslie where did you get this picture... tis so cute!
i won't reveal my sources, but it sounds like natalie and i found the same one. shocking. :)
Post a Comment