11.23.2008

Grateful Sunday

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • my parents' visit and their willingness to watch our kids so frequently while they were here. Neal and I caught a Coldplay concert only hours after they arrived and then had a night away as well. Thanks, Mom and Dad!
  • time at the Temple yesterday morning with my husband. It's been too long since we went together, and it was a beautiful way to remember our wedding day.
  • a relatively uneventful EEG for Miles on Friday. He had to have little electrode thingies all over his head and then fall asleep. Needless to say, I was a bit worried about it, but he did great. Next up, Tuesday's MRI, which is even more stressful since it involves anesthesia. Thankfully, Neal has taken the day off and will be with us the whole time. (Miles has been having unexplained dizzy spells for a few months; we're doing tests to figure out what's going on. Prayers are welcome.)
  • my new job at church, in the Primary Presidency. Although I'll miss spending time with Miles in his class, at least I'll have a chance to meet some more people!
  • the nice boy bagging my groceries last night who told me I looked familiar and asked if I went to the local high school. Silly boy, I didn't dare tell him I'm almost 31!
  • more family coming to see us this week! And cranberry sauce, my favorite part of Thanksgiving.

12 comments:

Erika said...

Prayers for Miles. These things are so much more scary when they involve the kids. Good luck.

sassy stephanie said...

We will be praying for Miles. And for mom and dad too. Never an easy thing to see one of your babies go through something.

stephanie said...

i'm glad his eeg went well. we'll be thinking about you guys this week. love you.

Barbara said...

Please let me know how Miles is. I will say prayers for him. I had bee very dizzy for a couple of weeks and was worrying about it and my dentist told me to drink a lot of water! No longer dizzy.
Just go around in circles and act dizzy!
Love you
Grammy

Melissa said...

Cranberry sauce is my favorite too! I hope all is well with Miles' test results. I know that has to be scary. Congrats on ten years. I checke your other blog and that hotel looks amazing.

HeAtHeR* said...

What a fun anniversary! I hope things go well with Miles. We will be praying for him...do you make your own cranberry sauce? if so, would you want to share the recipe? Hope you have a fabulous holiday! Glad to see things are so well!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the MRI! I didn't know little Miles was having problems. Keep us posted. Love, Georgia & John

Charlotte said...

We will be praying for sure. Was that night at the Kiddie Park the first of these spells?

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that all will go fine for Miles. God watches over small children. Stay positive and all will be good. Positive thoughts and prayers to Miles and his wonderful family.

joojierose said...

oh i'm so sorry for moo :( poor little guy. i can't wait to see you guys on wednesday! love you.

Melissa said...

We will be sure to include little Miles in our prayers...

Leslie, when will you share the fountain of youth secret that you have using?? Really...slender, pretty, and having had 3 kids--no one who didn't already know you, would believe you without alot of convincing. It is fun to get those types of comments. =-)

Nicole said...

i hope everything turns out okay with little miles. he's such a darling little boy.